Whether you are headed out to Cook Forest for a camping adventure or planning on enjoying some blissful time relaxing at home this season, it is important to keep safety at the top of the priority list this season. The incidence of both of burglaries and outdoor related injuries rise in the summer months with many residents leaving for vacations and spending more time enjoying outdoor activities at home.
At JM, we care about our PA community and hope you will consider implementing these important safety tips.
Make Sure Your Home is not a Target for Summer Burglary
According to the Bureau of Journal Statistics, the number of burglaries rises during the summer months. Not only do thieves count on you going on vacation, they also count on you letting your guard down and providing more opportunities for them to strike. If you want to foil the thieves, keep these tips in mind:
- Do not leave your garage door open for long periods.
- Keep greenery around the property trimmed so that it does not provide cover for crime.
- Keep doors and windows locked.
- Limit how far windows can open so no one can enter from the outside.
- Protect your home with an alarm system.
- Use an automation system to automate and remotely control lighting even when you are not home.
- Never let mail of newspapers gather while you are away.
Remember Outdoor Safety
Summer means more time spent outdoors and more activity. It also means more opportunity for accident or injury. Keep the fun in your summer by following these important safety guidelines.
- Always wear appropriate safety wear when engaged in sports or other outdoor activity.
- Use a safety net around trampolines, and use only while supervised.
- Learn safety precautions before using equipment such as ATVs.
- Enclose swimming pool areas with a locked and gated fence. Install an alarm system for added security.
- Always supervise swim time.
- Never leave unattended cars unlocked as children may accidentally get in and become trapped.
- Never leave children or pets unattended in a hot car.
- Avoid direct exposure to freshly fertilized or chemically treated lawns.
If you have any questions about your home security needs, give us a call. We are here to help.